Horses are cute. Being outside is great. But there are so many lesser-known benefits to horseback riding that you may not know. Especially for kids.
What is hippotherapy?
Hippotherapy is the use of horseback riding as a therapeutic or rehabilitative treatment. You may have read how equine therapy can benefit autistic children; check out this article by the Autism Spectrum Disorder Foundation <<insert link: http://myasdf.org/media-center/articles/how-your-autistic-child-can-benefit-from-equine-therapy/>>, and the American Hippotherapy Association provides information about why a horse in particular is an effective partner for all kinds of people and therapies <<insert link: https://americanhippotherapyassociation.org/what-is-hippotherapy/>>.
Empower through Horsepower!
What can our kids expect?
- They’ll see that riding helps with overall muscle tone and flexibility – especially one’s core muscles. It also enhances coordination and balance.
- They will have to stay focused – a rider must concentrate on the horse and plan ahead.
- It can be a meditative experience – the quiet and the rhythm can offer a time to reflect. When do today’s kids really have that opportunity?
- As with all of our adventures, the Explorers will bond through the experience as they help and encourage one another.
- And, working with animals can teach kids kindness: <<insert link: https://www.nationalgeographic.com/family/5-ways-kids-learn-kindness-from-animals/>>
Don’t put the horse before the cart!! Horseback riding is known to be an expensive hobby. This adventure will allow your child to get a feel for it and see if they love it – before committing more time and energy (and money) to it. The kids can discover what riding is all about before jumping all-in.
Saddle up! Sign up! Giddy up!
If this sound like something your kids would enjoy? Sign up today! INSERT LINK HERE